Discover and unlock the power of your data
Open Data Connect helps organisations discover, understand, and realise the value of their data assets. We focus on enabling the safe sharing, and consumption of public data in innovative ways.
One of our guiding principles is ‘network & learn globally, implement locally’. We are based in Canberra but have a network of specialists and advisors that are available to help across Australia.
We help organisations navigate the numerous challenges in preparing to share data. We use the industry best practice frameworks when it comes to managing your data.
- Data governance, and risk management
- Data cataloging, cleansing and transformation
- Data anonymisation and sharing
- Analytics and visualisation
- Data workshops, training and internal ‘hackathons’
What defines Open Data Connect?
- We actively support non-profit and community based initiatives – such as GovHack and Wikipedia. We believe in contributing to the common good. In the open data world, this means raising awareness, and capabitilies of the risks and opportunities presented by safe data sharing.
- Passion – we are genuinely passionate about the work we do. For our clients this equates to care and quality.
- Network and learn globally, implement locally – our business model is built on partnerships and collaborations with leading specialists from across Australia (and around the world). We can access leading expertise in an adaptive manner without heavy overhead.
- Canberra based, focused on supporting government agencies– we know Federal Government and the landscape which agencies operate. We are able to make an impact faster.
- Thought leadership – we are at the forefront of new knowledge and best practices with regards to data sharing. We work with, and have presented to leaing professional bodies and learning institutions. Including DAMA, ISACA, ODI, OKI, WMF, ACS, and GovHack.
A goal for Open Data Connect – is to solve local problems, using best practices from around the world. There is a wealth of valuable resources provided by leading global organisations. Some of the leading global entities are summarised below. We can help you leverage and tailor these to meet your needs.
Open Data Institute (ODI)
The ODI was co-founded in 2012 by the inventor of the web Sir Tim Berners-Lee to show the value of open data, and to advocate for the innovative use of open data. The ODI is headquartered in London, with an international reach.
Open Knowledge International (OKI)
Open Knowledge International is a global non-profit organisation focused on realising open data’s value to society by helping civil society groups access and use data to take action on social problems.
Data Management Association (DAMA)
DAMA is a vendor independent, not for profit professional association of information management practitioners. Its primary objective is to “promote the understanding and practice of managing information as key business assets”.
Partner solution providers
Open Data Connect is connected with a range of specialists who can provide niche services, ranging from establishing data sharing platforms, performing or assessing data anonymisation processes, data story telling, hackathons, and data workshops. We can also scale up quickly for larger projects that need consultants with other skills (such as business process re- engineering, and change management). Please connect with us for more information.
e: firstname.lastname@example.org | ph: 0490813554